When we deliver services and information through our website we want to make sure these are useful, reliable and easy to use. To make this happen, it sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, your computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. We cannot identify you personally using a cookie unless you have created an account.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling the website to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information multiple times during one task,
- measuring how many people are using online services so we can make sure that there is enough capacity to make them work efficiently, and look at ways we can make them easier to use.
You can find more information about the individual cookies below.
These essential cookies always need to be on because the website cannot function properly without them. They can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- This Content Management System session cookie is a reference to you for the duration of your visit on the site. It enables us to secure our forms by checking that no one else is pretending to be you and it allows us to remember the items that you add to your shopping basket.
- This cookie only lasts as long as your visit.
- When you select "Use a cookie to remember this" the site sets a cookie to remember who you are. This might be, for example, when logging in to the site.
- This cookie will last for 12 months from when it is first set. After, or if you deleted yourself, you will need to re-enter your details on your next visit.
- This cookie is used to remember the items that you add to your shopping basket.
- This cookie lasts until you close your browser.
YouTube Cookies - PREF, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, YSC
- Performance, Functional
- These cookies are set by www.youtube.com. We use YouTube's Privacy Enhanced mode to embed video on our site which means that YouTube won't store information unless you play the video. Please refer to Google's Privacy Policies & Principles for more information.
- Duration: PREF and VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE: up to 3650 days; and YSC: expires when you close your browser.
X (formally Twitter) cookies - guest_id, pid
- Performance, Functional
- This cookie can last up to 2 years.
Google Analytics Cookies - _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz, _ga, _gat, _gid, NID
- Duration: _utma: 2 years; _utmb: 1 hour; _utmc: until you close your browser; _utmz: 6 months; _ga: 2 years; and _gat: 10 minutes.
- Google has produced a browser add-on which enables you to opt out of Google Analytics across all websites: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Google Translate - googtrans
- Performance, Functional
- A cookie that is set to remember your chosen page translation language when using the Google Translate functionality.
- This cookie expires when you close your browser or turn off Google Translate.
Google Analytics - advertising features
- This site also uses Google Analytics Advertising Features to provide information about who visits the site and what they look at. The information collected by these cookies cannot identify individuals.
- Within Advertising Features it is possible to implement Demographics and Interests reports to see a breakdown of age groups, gender and interest categories. More information about these can be found here: how Google determines demographic information and how Google determines interest reports.
- Google Analytics data can be stored for a period of 50 months (unless otherwise specified).
In-site Search Engine
We use Google's site search tool to enable our users to search within our websites for the information they need. This tool handles the indexing and searching of our site and does not pass any information to any third party, including Google.
We do not share the information collected by the cookies with any third parties.
- You can choose which performance or functional cookies we can set by clicking on the button(s):
- Essential cookies Always On
- Performance cookies OFF
- Functional cookies OFF
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of this website.
To opt out of sharing cookies you can use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
You can also disable cookies in your browser settings:
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org. To manage cookies on this website, Manage cookie preferences