Welcome to the Beyond Bullying website. Our aim is to create a happier, safer, more emotionally secure environment for young people in Leicestershire schools and communities. We promote a culture of acceptance, participation, friendship and inclusion for young people and adults.
In line with the governments agenda to ‘help children achieve more’ we support the five key outcomes to:
Enjoy and Achieve
Make a positive contribution
Achieve economic well being
Key Areas of our work are to:
• Provide guidance, support and training for schools
• Raise awareness in the community
• Pilot, share and promote initiatives and develop resources on
specific aspects of bullying
Key Priorities for 2012/2013
- To reduce the level of bullying in Schools.
- To support the governments agenda to 'help children achieve more'
- To involve the whole school community and promote safer schools and communities
- To change attitudes of the wider community to share responsibility for reducing violence in society
- To place bullying within the context of child protection, inclusion and students' emotional health and well-being
Key Actions for 2012/2013
- Provide an online resource for working with young people
- To prevent and tackle racist incidents and racist bullying.
- Provide a resource to look at the issue of domestic abuse
within young relationships.
- To continue developing support, advice and guidance in the
area of cyberbullying.
- Update and develop the 'Young People' section of the website
to make it more user friendly and appealing to young people.
- To roll out our 'Beyond Bullying' award to schools
across Leicestershire following the sucess of our pilot in