Anti-Bullying Week shines a spotlight on bullying and encourages all children, teachers and parents to take action against bullying throughout the year. The theme this year is 'All Different, All Equal' with the aims:
This Anti-Bullying Week we want to:
- empower children and young people to celebrate what makes them, and others, unique
- help children and young people understand how important it is that every child feels valued and included in school, able to be themselves, without fear of bullying
- encourage parents and carers to work with their school and talk to their children about bullying, difference and equality
- enable teachers and other children's workforce professionals to celebrate what makes us 'all different, all equal' and celebrate difference and equality. Encouraging them to take individual and collective action to prevent bullying, creating safe environments where children can be themselves.
Leicestershire Anti-Bullying Week surveys are now LIVE!
We have listened to feedback from previous years and have made the surveys much shorter, so they should only take a few minutes to complete online. We have also opened up the age ranges to KS2 and KS3 so more young people can now get involved in helping us to build a picture of what is happening in Leicestershire.
As before, all participating schools will receive your own data back to enable them to look for patterns and you will also receive the data from the rest of the participating schools combined so that you can see how your school compares with the rest of the county.
The surveys can be done as part of a lesson (ICT/PSHE) or during tutor time during Anti-Bullying Week. They will be live for the whole of November so PLEASE help support us and encourage your school to take part!
We have provided primary and secondary assembly plans for schools to use during Anti-bullying Week, which focus on the themes of difference and diversity. Also provided are follow on lesson plans/ideas to further extend student's learning:
Leicestershire Anti-Bullying Week competition!
We are excited to be holding a competition this year for Leicestershire Schools. We would like young people to design a poster to advertise Leicestershire's Anti-Bullying Team website and Twitter account. The winning poster (or elements from a number of winning entries) will be used as promotional material at events to help spread the Beyond Bullying word!
- Competition Flyer (PDF, 156 Kb)
The Anti-Bullying Alliance also has ideas and resources on their website, including information about 'Odd Socks Day' on 13th November. Why not join in and encourage your children and staff to wear odd socks for the day and raise money for a good cause!
Stonewall resources for Anti-Bullying Week 2017
Stonewall has also developed resources for schools based around this year's theme.
For primary schools, they have developed a lesson plan based on the book 'Are you a boy or are you a girl? By Sarah Savage and Fox Fisher.
For secondary schools they have created an assembly which schools can use as is or adapt.
- Stonewall primary lesson plan Anti Bullying Week 2017 (PDF, 67 Kb)
- Stonewall secondary assembly Anti Bullying Week 2017 (Powerpoint, 6.3 Mb)